Sustainable Energy Development Agency (SEDA) is a legal successor of the executive Energy Efficiency Agency (EEA).
Sustainable Energy Development Agency (SEDA) is a legal entity at state budget support with headquarters in Sofia and has the status of an executive agency within the Ministry of Energy.
SEDA has 63 persons staff.
SEDA is organized into general and specialized administration.
Mr. Ivaylo Aleksiev
Ivaylo Vasilev Aleksiev was born in 1966.
For many years he has held leadership and management positions in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, investment control, maintenance and operation of technical systems.
Until his appointment as Executive Director of SEDA he was Chairman of the Board of "Chamber of energy auditors" and Chairman of the Board of “Industrial association - Dobrich".
He graduated from the Technical University - Sofia – Engineer in Electronics and Automation.
He has acquired professional qualifications for energy efficiency audit in industrial systems, qualifications for energy efficiency audit and certification in buildings.
He speaks English, German and Russian.
Appointed as Executive Director of SEDA on September 2, 2013.
Directorate „General administration“ supports the implementation of the powers of the Executive Director, creates conditions for the implementation of the activity of the specialized administration and performs technical activities that concern the administrative services.
Mr. Niya Ivanova – Director
Tel: +359 2 915 40 32
The specialized administration is organized into 2 directorates: „Control and Information“ and Directorate General "Coordination and management of energy efficiency and renewable energy".
Directorate „Control and Information“
Directorate „Control and Information“ carries out activities in the following areas:
- Exercises control over observance of the legislation in the field of energy efficiency;
- Gather and processes information for the purposes of the National Information System (NIS) for the energy efficiency level of the Republic of Bulgaria, established pursuant to Art.68, par. 1 of the Energy Efficiency Act (EEA);
- Establishes and maintains public registers pursuant to Art.43 par.1 and Art.60 par. 1 of the EEA and implements activities related to the issuance of certificates of registration of persons under Art. 43 and Art.60 of the EEA in these registers;
- Organizes the Agency`s participation in activities related to exercising control over the fulfillment of the requirements for the methods for evaluation of the energy savings of obligated under Art. 14, par.4 and § 4 of PZP of the EEA persons.
- Develops proposals for confirmation of the amount of the achieved energy savings as well as proposals for draft certificates for energy savings;
- Supports activities related to reporting the individual targets for energy savings from the obligated persons under the Energy Efficiency Act by developing draft reporting forms;
- Exercises control over observance of the legislation in the field of energy from renewable sources;
- Gather and processes information for the purposes of the National Information System (NIS) for the potential, the production and usage of energy from renewable sources, established pursuant to Art. 52, par. 1 of the Energy from Renewable Sources Act ;
- Supports activities related to reporting the national target of the Republic of Bulgaria for share of the energy from renewable sources in the gross end consumption of energy by gathering information for the elaboration and actualization of the National Action Plan for Renewable Energy;
- Develops and maintains a system for issuance, transferring and cancellation of guarantees of origin for renewable energy sources;
- Organizes the implementation of planned statistical transfers of energy from renewable sources;
- Takes part in the organization of information and education campaigns on the supporting schemes, the use and practical peculiarities of the development and use of energy from renewable sources of all energy end users as well as of production and consumption of gas from renewable sources, production and consumption of biofuels and energy from renewable sources in transport.
The main purpose and mission of Directorate "Control and Information" is to protect public interest in the fields of energy efficiency and promotion of the usage of energy from renewable sources as elements of state policy for a competitive and low-carbon economy.
Mr. Ivan Pelov - Director
Tel. +359 2 915 4069
Directorate General „Coordination and management of energy efficiency and renewable energy“
Directorate General „Coordination and management of energy efficiency and renewable energy“:
- Supports the development and actualization of the National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (NEEAP);
- Prepares proposals for the distribution of the national indicative energy savings target as individual target of the persons under Art. 14, Para. 4, Energy Efficiency Act (EEA);
- Organizes the implementation of the activities and measures included in NEEAP;
- Prepares the annual reports on the implementation of NEEAP;
- Carries out monitoring and evaluation of the achieved annual energy savings, including the performance of the individual targets for energy savings of the persons under Art. 14, Para. 4, EEA;
- Summarizes information about the energy efficiency activities, applied measures and achieved energy savings contained in the annually reports under Art. 12 and 63 EEA;
- Organizes the drafting of model energy performance contracts (ESCO contracts) for the delivery of energy efficiency services;
- Prepares analyses and evaluations for the effects of applied activities and measures to increase energy efficiency, including the applicable financial instruments and schemes to promote;
- Prepares analyses of the energy efficiency at national and sectoral level;
- Prepares templates of the reports under Art. 12, Para. 5 and Art. 63 EEA;
- Assists within its competence in confirming the amount of energy savings as a result of implemented measures for energy efficiency improving;
- Supports the development and actualization of the National Action Plan for energy from renewable sources (NAPERS);
- Assists in the implementation of activities and measures included in NAPERS in cooperation with the interested persons;
- Prepares analyses and evaluations of the effects of applied activities and measures for the use of energy from renewable sources, including the financial mechanisms and promotion schemes;
- Prepares assessments of the available and estimated potential of the kinds of resources for the production of renewable energies on the territory of the country;
- Organizes information and training campaigns for support measures, benefits and the practical specificities of developing and using of electric energy, thermal energy and cooling energy from renewables, gas from renewables, biofuels and energy from renewables in transport;
- Assists the local government bodies in the development and implementation of municipal programmes for promotion the use of renewable energy and biofuels;
- Provides the Agency's participation in the implementation of international projects and programmes;
- Drafts national reports, standpoints and positions on the implementation of EU directives in the field of energy efficiency and promotion the use of renewable energy;
- Provides methodological assistance in fulfilment of the obligations under EEA and ERSA to:
- the governmental bodies;
- the local government bodies;
- the participants in the energy services market;
- Promotes on the national level the benefits of energy efficiency improvement and utilization of energy from renewables;
- Interacts with bodies of the executive power, branch organizations and concerned non-profit legal entities for:
- implementation of energy efficiency improvement activities and measures;
- implementation of activities and measures for utilization of energy from renewable sources in final energy consumers;
- use of biofuels and renewable energy in transport;
- Participates in the framework of its competence in the development of:
- drafts of statutory instruments in the area of energy efficiency and utilization of renewable energy;
- plans and programmes for energy efficiency and promotion the use of renewable energy and supports the implementation;
- Collects and submits information about opportunities for providing funding under European programmes and funds for economic and social cohesion, as well as other national and international funding sources to finance programmes and projects for energy efficiency and utilization of renewable energy.
Mrs.Tsvetomira Kulevska – Director
Tel: +359 2 915 40 41