6th Concerted Action supporting Member States and participating countries in implementing the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive’ - LIFE21-CET-CA-CAEPBD6
Action entitled ‘6th Concerted Action supporting Member States and participating countries in implementing the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive’ - LIFE21-CET-CA-CAEPBD6
under Grant Agreement № 101102078 within the framework of EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action – LIFE Programme.
The CA EPBD is a joint initiative between the EU Member States and the European Commission.
The overall objective of the Concerted Action EPBD is to foster exchange of information and experience among Member States and other associated countries (Norway) with regards to the implementation of the specific European Union legislation and policy on the energy performance of buildings, and in particular with regards to the transposition and implementation of the EPBD (DIRECTIVE 2018/844/EU) and the on-going revision of this directive.
The specific objectives of the CA are to:
1. Enhance and structure sharing of information and experience from national implementation and promote good practice in activities of Member States for implementation of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD).
2. Create favourable conditions for faster convergence of national procedures on EPBD-related matters.
3. Develop a direct collaboration with the other two buildings-related Concerted Actions that were established within the IEE programme: the CA-RES, focussing on transposition and implementation of the Renewable Energy Systems Directive (DIRECTIVE 2018/2001/EU); and the CA-EED, focusing on transposition and implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive (DIRECTIVE 2018/2002/EU), where National Energy Plans are expexted to include initiatives towards building energy efficiency.
4. Supplement the work of the Article 26 Committee and establish a dialogue with the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) in their work and implementation of standards to support the implementation of the zero carbon and life cycle calculations.
5. Support for European Member States and Norway to use National Renovation Plans to support progress on the EPBD implementation and increased renovation activities. As with previous instalments of the Concerted Action, CAV_EPBD will strive to result in a more harmonized approach, improved implementation and actual application of the EPBD in all the countries involved, as well as helping to disseminate best practices between the countries.
It is organised around meetings between national teams, regularly bringing together over participants from 28 countries. It is accompanied by other measures to enhance communication, including in-depth workshops, a web platform and national reports.
The project participant from the Bulgarian side is the Sustainable Energy Development Agency (SEDA).
For more information: www.epbd-ca.eu